Largest Employers in Greater Myrtle Beach
Horry County benefits from a variety of companies and businesses that have planted their roots in our region, and work to strengthen the economy. The County’s largest employers provide jobs for Myrtle Beach residents, and contribute to the overall vitality of our communities.
Here are Horry County’s top 10 employers with number of full time employees.
- Horry County School District | 5,300
- Wal-Mart | 3,000
- Horry County Government | 2,200
- Coastal Carolina University | 2,200
- Conway Hospital | 2,000
- McLeod Loris Seacoast | 1,489
- Grand Strand Regional Medical Center | 1,400
- Food Lion | 1,000
- City of Myrtle Beach | 990
- Horry Telephone Cooperative | 700
Here are Horry County’s top five industrial employers with number of employees.
- AVX Corporation | 700
- Conbraco Industries, Inc. | 400
- Metglas, Inc. | 200
- New South Lumber | 170
- UFP Mid Atlantic, LLC | 100