Aerospace Soars in Horry County
Aerospace continues to thrive in South Carolina. The Myrtle Beach region is a prime location for the aviation and aerospace industry due to our extensive infrastructure and proximity to the Ports of Charleston, Wilmington, Georgetown and Savannah.
- Located just 90 miles north of the Boeing facility in Charleston and 75 miles south of the GE aircraft engine facility in Wilmington, NC.
- A variety of industrial properties well-suited to the aerospace industry, including ITAP, the International Technology and Aerospace Park in Myrtle Beach.
- Myrtle Air Services, Kingman Airline, Chippewa Aerospace (Consortia Aerospace Group), and Executive Helijet all call the Myrtle Beach area home
Aerospace workforce has grown by 600% in the last 10 years thanks to strong workforce development programs in the Myrtle Beach region.
- ReadySC is a world-class training program offered through South Carolina’s technical college system. ReadySC has partnered with aerospace companies like Global Aeronautica, Vought, and Boeing to meet each company’s talent needs.
- The Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics – ranked as a top two-year trade school in 2021 by Forbes – offers workforce training at the International Technology and Aerospace Park (ITAP) in Myrtle Beach. The Aviation Maintenance Technology Program prepares students for the FAA Airframe and Powerplant Certification Exams.