Global Connections Start in Myrtle Beach
An abundant and robust telecommunications infrastructure provides an excellent network foundation for technology companies, corporate headquarters and call center businesses. There is a large, adaptable workforce in Horry County with some of the most competitive wages in the U.S.
With the recent announcement of subsea cable being established in Myrtle Beach and a data center being built at ITAP (International Technology & Aerospace Park), Horry County is poised to be a technology hub. A submarine communication cable (subsea cable) is a cable laid on the ocean floor between land-based stations to carry telecommunication signals across stretches of ocean and sea. These cables are made up of hundreds of thin strands of wires, called fibers. This subsea cable will span from Myrtle Beach, South Carolina to Argentina, South America.
Tech Startups and Entrepreneurial Networks
The Myrtle Beach area has a thriving technology startup and entrepreneurial network of companies operating in co-working spaces.
- The HTC Aspire Hub is a partnership between the City of Myrtle Beach, HTC and eMYRge. The goal of the HTC Aspire Hub is to expand the entrepreneur ecosystem to foster support for innovative, scalable business along the Grand Strand.
- StartupSC is a tech startup incubator and co-working space that offers guidance, resources, mentorship, and connections to entrepreneurs and technology companies in the Myrtle Beach area.
- Conway Innovation Center (CIC) is a business incubation center that focuses on the development of emerging technology, life science, information technology, and service businesses. The Center fosters entrepreneurial growth and sustainable companies in the community.
- The Grand Strand Startup Initiative (GSSI) is a comprehensive plan for developing scalable startups as a focused and ongoing economic development effort in Georgetown and Horry counties. The GSSI received part of $2.4 million awarded by the South Carolina Department of Commerce.
- 5th T Innovation Group is an organization focused on building a technology industry cluster in Horry County by assisting in the creation of new technology and scientific and local entrepreneurial ventures. 5th T Innovation works in collaboration with Coastal Carolina University.