Attracting, Growing, & Retaining Business in Horry County
Horry County’s economy continues to thrive, and the business success stories out of the Myrtle Beach region contribute substantially to our county’s overall prosperity. The Myrtle Beach Regional Economic Development Corporation works diligently to ensure our region is poised for continued growth, and people have access to opportunities that help build and strengthen our region.
Myrtle Beach Regional EDC Goals
Seven goals form the foundation on which we conduct business. When executed, these goals help establish the Myrtle Beach region as one that is focused, determined, and oriented toward action.
- Expand and diversify the Horry County economy
- Create well-paying jobs for Horry County residents
- Provide opportunities for graduates to stay in the area and find employment
- Support and grow existing industry
- Generate private sector buy-in and support for economic development
- Provide additional tax revenue for government jurisdictions and the Horry County School System
- Stimulate private sector growth and investment
- Recruit and retain high-quality, high-paying businesses and industries to improve the overall economic health of Horry County
- Evaluate, improve, and create new economic development products (industrial buildings, sites, parks) to improve Horry County’s competitiveness and increase the number of economic development announcements
- Increase the number of companies supporting the MBREDC and provide a high return on investment to those firms investing in the MBREDC
- Be recognized as a leader in economic development by local, state, and regional economic development-related firms, site selection consultants, and businesses looking to expand or relocate