Why Myrtle Beach?
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina is not only a world-recognized travel destination, but also a premier location for business growth and development that’s becoming increasingly recognized. Below you will find a collection of highlights and information that will give you a good understanding of why we think the Myrtle Beach area is the ideal place for business.
For a more indept view, dowload the Myrtle Beach Regional Economic Development Corporation brochure, or contact us at 843.347-4604.
- According to the U.S. Census, the Myrtle Beach region is the nation's second fastest growing metropolitan statistical area (MSA) for the second year in a row.
- Myrtle Beach-Conway-North Myrtle Beach ranks in the Top 20 "Prime Workforce" Cities in 2016 by Area Development Magazine.
- Forbes ranked Myrtle Beach, S.C. #16 for The Best Places for Business And Careers in 2015.
- Horry County is home to have 25 international companies
- U.S. headquarters for such companies as BauschLinnemann NA, Accent Manufacturing USA, Integra Fabrics, Canfor Southern Pine and more.
- Horry County is strategically located in the northeastern corner of coastal South Carolina, between the port cities of Charleston, S.C., and Wilmington, N.C., and halfway between New York and Miami, Florida.
HORRY COUNTY MSA ECONOMIC OVERVIEW
- Total Population (2015): 419,600
- Job Growth (2015): 2.6%
- Gross Metro Product: $17.4 Billion
- Cost of Living: 1.7% Above National Average
Since the 1900s, the Myrtle Beach area has grown, evolved and prospered, and now attracts more than 17 million visitors and thousands of the residents and businesses each year. Horry County have an abundance of strategic assets that will give your business a competitive advantage over other locations, from our diverse workforce to our award winning healthcare and education options.
This area is continuously growing into a dynamic, competitive business community with modern infrastructure and world-class resources. The Myrtle Beach region is truly a superior area to live, work, play and grow a business.
See why area CEOs choose the Myrtle Beach area for their businesses.
"I FEEL THAT HORRY COUNTY HAS THE TRAINING CENTERS, INFRASTRUCTURE, AND STANDARD OF LIVING TO ATTRACT TOP-NOTCH POEPLE THAT WILL HELP MAKE OUR COMPANY SUCCESSFUL."
- BALBIR SIDHU, VICE PRESIDENT/MANUFACTURING OF ACCENT STAINLESS STEEL
Myrtle Beach EDC Brochure