Healthcare & Medical-related Businesses in Horry County
The Greater Myrtle Beach region is one of the fastest growing regions in the US and healthcare services and other related businesses and industries are able to take advantage of this growth. In addition our education partners have developed thorough training, certification, and degree programs in numerous healthcare fields that can assist healthcare services, healthcare IT businesses, laboratories, pharmaceutical firms, or even medical device manufacturers be successful.
Training and Degree Programs
- Coastal Carolina University offers various bachelor level programs including, Biochemisty, Biology, Chemistry, Exercise & Sport Science, Health Administration, Nursing, and Public Health.
- Horry Georgetown Technical College offers a wide array of certifications and degrees in the healthcare spectrum including programs in Dental Sciences, Emergency Medical Technician, Medical Coding & Billing, Medical Imaging Technology, Nursing, Patient Care Medical Assistant, Pharmacy Technician, Phlebotomy, Physical Therapy Assistant, Respiratory Care, and Surgical Technology.
- Webster University – Myrtle Beach Campus offers a Master of Health Administration. Graduates from Webster University with a Master of Health Administration (MHA) have the specific administrative skills to help health care organizations improve their efficiency and effectiveness.
Major Healthcare Providers
- Tidelands Health – Tidelands Waccamaw Community Hospital delivers high quality health care to the residents of Horry, Georgetown, and surrounding counties. The 167-bed hospital was rated one of America’s 100 best hospitals for orthopedic surgery by Healthgrades in 2015, holds Joint Commission certifications in childbirth and joint replacement, and is an advanced primary stroke center. Tidelands Waccamaw offers a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services, including 24-hour emergency care, critical care, and general medical and surgical services.
- McLeod Seacoast Hospital – McLeod Seacoast Hospital, an affiliate of McLeod Health, is a not-for-profit, 50-bed hospital serving northern Horry County, SC, and southern Brunswick County, NC. McLeod Seacoast specializes in general surgery, joint replacement surgery, emergency care, critical care, cardiac/pulmonary rehabilitation, and physical, occupational, and speech therapies. The hospital has more than 120 physicians representing more than 32 specialties, and recently completed a 9,600 square foot emergency department that includes new exam rooms and state-of-the-art trauma facilities. McLeod Seacoast is also in the construction phase of a 50-bed expansion that will feature a new inpatient tower, new operating rooms, and a same-day services suite. McLeod Seacoast is accredited by The Joint Commission.
- McLeod Loris Hospital – McLeod Loris Hospital is a not-for-profit, 105-bed hospital serving northern Horry County, SC, and southern Columbus County, NC. McLeod Loris specializes in general and orthopedic surgeries, women’s services, emergency care, critical care, cardiac/pulmonary rehabilitation, and physical, occupational, and speech therapies. The hospital has more than 120 physicians on active and affiliate medical staff representing more than 32 specialties. McLeod Loris is accredited by The Joint Commission.
- Conway Medical – Conway Medical Center (CMC) is a non-profit medical center comprised of 200 physicians representing 30 specialties. CMC specializes in general and vascular surgery, joint replacement surgery, spine surgery, medical care to include critical care, telemetry, inpatient dialysis, palliative care, obstetrics, pediatrics, and women’s services. The center has 210 inpatient beds, a 66-bed long-term care facility, and a 22-bed sub-acute care facility. Employing over 1,400, CMC is one of the county’s largest employers.
- Grand Strand Health – Grand Strand Health, a 301-bed acute care hospital, has facilities throughout the Grand Strand to provide quality, convenient health care to residents in Horry County. The medical center offers the only cardiac surgery program, neurosurgery program, and pediatric intensive care unit (PICU) in Horry and Georgetown counties, and the heart surgery program consistently ranks among the best in the nation. The hospital has more than 270 physicians and more than 1,400 staff members to serve its patients. Recent accolades from The Joint Commission include earning the “Top Performer on Key Quality Measures” recognition, designation as an Advanced Primary Stroke Center, and certification on specific care for sepsis.