The Myrtle Beach region is ready for takeoff as a prime location for the aviation and aerospace industry because of our extensive infrastructure, close proximity to the Ports of Charleston, S.C., Wilmington, N.C., Georgetown, S.C., and Savannah, G.A., and competitive land and labor costs. Other key advantages:
- The new Boeing facility is a short drive via four-lane divided highway.
- Average annual wage rates are lower than the U.S. overall.
- Electrical and construction costs are lower than the national average.
- Access to a wide variety of industrial properties well-suited to the aerospace industry, including iTAP, the International Technology and Aerospace Park.
- Tax credits available of up to $9,000 per job.
- ReadySC, a world-class training program offered through the state’s technical college system at no cost to employers, provides customized employee screening and training services on your timetable. ReadySC has worked with aerospace companies such as Global Aeronautica and Vought to meet their needs and is currently working with Boeing to staff its new facility.
- Workforce training in Myrtle Beach at the Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics (PIA).
- Training nearby at the Southeastern Institute of Manufacturing and Technology (SiMT), the first facility of its kind in the U.S. that features an Advanced Manufacturing Center, a Virtual Reality Center and a National Robotics Center. SiMT offers open-enrollment, on-site and customized training, and manufacturing startup assistance and consulting services. SiMT is just 60 miles away in nearby Florence, S.C.
Back to Our Target Industries