These 5 Fast Facts include some interesting information, that you may not know, about Horry County and the Myrtle Beach Regional Economic Development Corporation.
1) MBREDC is a resource for existing companies in Horry County, providing assistance with workforce development training, expansion support and more.
2) The Myrtle Beach metro statistical area ranked as the second fastest growing in the nation from July 1,2013 to July 1, 2014, with a one-year population increase of more than 12,000 people. Source
3) Horry County has business here that represent over 20 different countries throughout the world. Source
4) Horry Georgetown Technical College is leader in workforce development training in Horry County. They have created programs in welding, machine tool technology, robotics and machotronics, in an effort to help prepare and develop Horry County's workforce, as the local economy diversifies. For more information about their workforce development programs, CLICK HERE.
5) The MBREDC currently has over 165 members who support ecnoomic development efforts in Horry County. Support from the private-sector is cruicial to the growth and future success of economic development efforts in the community. For every $200 that is invested with the MBREDC, translates into 1 new job for Horry County, creating at least $3,000 of additional state and local tax revenue.